Journal Response and Comprehension Rubric
1. The student writes journal responses in complete sentences.
2. The student writes between one and two paragraphs to answer questions.
3. The student responds to questions by self-questioning, retelling, predicting, or assuming the role of an analyst.
4. The student’s experiences and opinions are clear.
5. The student works with a peer to share journal responses and to develop a combined response when requested.
|Excellent (4)||Adequate (3)||Minimal (2)||Attempted (1)|
The student completes the task with no major errors. The student demonstrates a full understanding of the concepts.
The student completes the task with only a few major errors and some minor errors. The student demonstrates a strong understanding of the concepts.
The student completes the task with some major errors and many minor errors. The student has difficulty understanding the major concepts.
The student fails to complete the task. The student does not understand the concepts.