Seminar Assignments Gaddis White, Bringa…
C Period: White, Bringas, Thornton, Dwiggins, Gerstman, Papagno, Boodhoo, Curley, Antunano.
F Period: Pohle, Nipon, DeVaux, Lavassani, Cho, Hendricks, Volz, Rosenbaum, Dubrow
For Monday: Read “Preface” and pp. 1-47. Answer the corresponding questions in this study guide. Submit your responses to the study guide to Turnitin AND bring in a hard copy to class for credit (5 points).
C Period: Butzeck, Phillips, Bornheimer, Bullington.
F Period: Columbo, Noguerol
For Thursday: Read: “Preface” and “Chapter 1” in Arnold, History-A Very Short Introduction
C Period: Zighelboim, Knight, Smith, Cushing, Kareff, Davidson, Janaskie, Ligeti
Assignment parameters here
Seminar Paper due to Turnitin.com by 8.00am each Friday. Printed copies for all seminar participants due in class
- 8 January: Kennan George F., “The Sources of Soviet Conduct”: Kareff
- 15 January: Windsor, Phillip. “The Berlin Crises”: Cushing
- 22 January: Wingrove, Paul, ‘Who Started Korea?”: Davidson
- 29 January: Blight, James G. and Nye, Joseph S. Nye, Welch, David A.Welch., “The Cuban Missile Crisis Revisited.”: Janaskie
- 12 February: Garnett, John, “Face to Face with Armageddon”: Smith
- 19 February: Payne and Gray, “The Star Wars Debate: Nuclear Policy and the Defensive Transition”: Knight
- 26 February: Leffler, Melvyn P., “Cold War and Global Hegemony, 1945-1991: Zighelboim. Greenstein, Fred I., “The impact of Personality on the Cold War: A Counterfactual Analysis”: Ligeti