Gleek at a Glance 25-29 January 2010
- Monday (Gaddis Seminar): “Command vs. Spontaneity” pp. 83-118. Be sure to (a) submit your study guide to Turnitin.com by 8.00am and (b) bring a printed copy of the study guide to class for us to work with.
- Tuesday/Wednesday: Midterm Exam. Two (2) questions, 100 points. C Period will meet in the Library on Tuesday at 10.05am. F Period will meet in the Lecture Hall on Wednesday at 1.05pm
- Thursday (Research Seminar): Finalize Research questions and begin encyclopedic research
- Friday (Readings Seminar): Read Blight, et. al., “The Cuban Missile Crisis Revisited”. Ms. Janaskie will lead the seminar.
- Monday: Work on Seminar Paper #1 in Library
- Tuesday: Work on Seminar Paper #1 in Library
- Wednesday: CAS Meeting in Parsons’ room, right after TOK
- Thursday: Discussion of Seminar Papers. Please upload your seminar papers to the shared folder before class. Discussion topics are as follows: How do we define globalization? How can we classify the different waves of globalization? What are the pros and cons of globalization? How has [your country] become more connected with the rest of the world since 1980? Has the political changes in [your country] been impacted by increased awareness by individuals and groups from other societies? What are some specific examples of how globalization has had a negative impact on [your country]? What are some specific examples of how globalization has had a positive impact on [your country]? In the end, how much different was [your country] at the end of the 20th century than at the end of the 1970s”
- Friday: Continue Discussion of Seminar Papers, plan for Paper #2